The 13th Annual Grande Prairie International Street Performers Festival is in 10 days. Be sure to come DownTown to see some of the world's best street performances, grab a bite to eat at the Food Fair, purchase some beautiful items in Artisans Alley and enjoy a number of free activities.
Friday, July 19 4:30 – 10 pm
Saturday, July 20 12 noon – 10 pm
Sunday, July 21 12 noon – 6 pm
A travelling art exhibition will be on view in a shipping truck to bring art to the visitors of the festival.
Learn more about the individual performers and tips on how to enjoy this amazing weekend at www.gpstreetfest.com
Chalk the Walk Art Competition
The Art Gallery of Grande Prairie's first Chalk the Walk competition is happening Saturday, July 20, 2013 during Grande Prairie's International Street Performers Festival. Last year, the festival welcomed over 20,000 visitors from all over the Peace Region to downtown Grande Prairie.
Saturday, July 20, 2013
Artist Registration: 11:30 am
Drawing time: 12:30 - 4:30 pm
Winners will be revealed before 6:00 pm.
For a full listing of the application guidelines, please visit our website.
• Please contact the Art Gallery to register yourself or your team prior to the event.
• There will be two separate judging categories: individual and team. Each category will be awarded a first, second and third prize.
• The competition is open to ages 12 – adult.
• Chalk will be provided in various colours.
• Murals will be created on a 6’x 8’ rectangle on pavement (asphalt) that is rough in texture.
Laura St. Pierre: Urban Vernacular