One of the largest square footage art galleries in Alberta, the Art Gallery of Grande Prairie is a place of art preservation, inspiration and exploration. We offer free admission, tours, programs, and activities for all ages. The Art Gallery presents an average of twelve art exhibitions per year and welcomes over 20,000 visitors annually.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Bookkeeper position handles the day-to-day bookkeeping requirements of the gallery and must have extensive knowledge of Quickbooks accounting software. The position is flexible to the schedule of a qualified applicant.
Closing date for application: Friday, May 18, 2018 at 5 pm
Position start date: As soon as possible
Work Schedule: Flexible to qualified applicant’s schedule
Hours: 15 per week
Wage: $14,000 – $18,500 pending qualification
Benefits and vacation: negotiated
The Bookkeeper is responsible for all entry, organization, and maintenance of the financial aspects of the gallery including, but not limited to:
- Accounts payable
- Accounts receivable
- GST Returns
- Applying payments
- Bank deposits
- Preparing monthly financial reports
- Preparing reports, files, etc for annual audit and financial statements
- Other related administrative duties as required
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent verbal communication, writing/editing, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team and to respond to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- A proven track record of establishing and meeting deadlines.
- Excellent computer skills in Quickbooks, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Demonstrate the ability to work with minimal supervision in a team environment.
- Demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, artists, professionals within the museum communities and the public.
- Demonstrate the ability to multi-task, establish priorities, perform under pressure, maintain attention to detail and meet deadlines.
- Maintain basic knowledge of financial statements, charity returns and protocols, not-for-profit return protocols, insurance policies, WCB returns, group healthcare plans and GST Returns.
- Must have experience using Quickbooks accounting software
- 2+ years of bookkeeping experience
- Familiarity with Windows and Microsoft Office programs including Excel
- Experience bookkeeping for a not-for-profit charity an asset
- Responsible and mature
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Please send a cover letter and CV, and any inquiries, to:
Attn: Executive Director
103, 9839 – 103 Avenue
Grande Prairie, AB
Closing date for application: 5pm, Friday, May 18, 2018
We thank all who may apply, and only those who are short-listed will be contacted for an interview.